Nick Connelly was a hard-working guy; he'd been a heavy metal roadie, a mechanic, a steel worker, and even a volunteer firefighter. He liked his adventures blue-collar and down to earth...unlike his wayward parents, Art and Wanda, a flaky duo whose own adventures took them from one charismatic charlatan to another. Nick and his girlfriend, Lou, were used to the postcards they got, filled with glowing words about the newest savior; Nick and Lou rolled their eyes but Art and Wanda always came back eventually, a little lighter in the wallet but happy...until, one time, they didn't.
As the weeks and months passed without any sign of the pair, Nick and Lou finally packed up the ole van and set off to find them...and what they found was worse than they could've imagined. Art and Wanda hadn't just taken up with another religious salesman in a cookie-cutter suburb somewhere...this time they'd sworn allegiance to a truly evil force; an ancient demon that existed only to tear the universe apart. Wipe out humanity. Poison the world. And it had the power and minions to do it, too. Nick and Lou only had each other to draw on...their courage; their love; and, of course, their van.
So, it's Nick and Lou against zealous cultists, supernaturally altered humans, well-armed flesh 'n blood thugs, and a powerful corporation, each of whom wants the demonic power for themselves. And the prize? Not just the safety of Art and Wanda...but the future of the entire world.
It's a real-time/real-world story starring two ordinary characters, Nick and his girlfriend, Lou, who end up fighting monsters, cultists, and corporations...at the same time as they deal with families, jobs, rent, and school. The two characters feel like people you know...if people you knew were late to work because a demon had dislocated their shoulder the night before. It's real life with a huge helping of adventure and fun.
Von Allan has been living and breathing comics in the Great White North for a number of years and has built an active and well-respected presence in the larger comics community. He has written, pencilled, and inked a number of short stories and two full-length, original graphic novels. Both books were well received by fans, retailers, and critics and continue to sell today: the road to god knows..., the heartwarming story of a teenager growing up with a schizophrenic mother; and Stargazer, an all-ages sci-fi/fantasy adventure.
- Format: Digital Comic Book
- Series ISSN: 2292-7654
- ISBN for Issue 1: 978-0-9781237-6-5
- ISBN for Issue 2: 978-0-9781237-7-2
- ISBN for Issue 3: 978-0-9781237-8-9
- Release Date (first issue): June 11, 2014
- Trim Size (PDF): 6.625” by 10.25”
- Suggested Retail Price: $0.99
- Art: Full colour
- Audience: 17+
- Genre: Action and Adventure
- Written and Illustrated: Von Allan
- Editor: Sam Boswell
- Distribution: comiXology and Ingram Content Group
- Full colour artwork
- Very low price point of only US$0.99 per issue
- Ongoing periodical story available approximately monthly
- Original story and characters, with emphasis on strong female characters, good writing, and the action/adventure genre
- World-wide distribution via comiXology Submit and the Ingram Content Group
- Promotional website regularly updated with artwork, background material, blog posts, and other extras
- Issue One synopsis: Nick and his girlfriend, Lou, weren't expecting to run across cults and devil worship when they went looking for his wayward parents. They also weren't expecting demonic possession, heavily armed thugs, and car chases...or that they would end up starting a battle that just might save the entire world!
- Issue Two synopsis: The only thing standing between Nick, Lou, and a romantic evening was one last errand for Nick's auto-mechanic boss. It was supposed to be a simple matter of seeing whether an ole wreck was worth restoring...but it turned into a confrontation with the cultists and a deepening of the mystery around Nick's parents' disappearance.
- Promotional website at http://metal-gods.vonallan.com
- New monthly content/issues available at comiXology Submit (http://cmxl.gy/1ogMYL3)
- Press releases announcing each new issue as it's available
- Additional DRM-free PDF purchasing options through the Ingram Content Group (participating retailers include ebookmall, ebok, InfiBeam, ebookshop), and Bookland
- Sam Boswell, editor and press liaison:
- Von Allan Studio
- P.O. Box 20520, 390 Rideau Street
- K1N 1A3
Sample Images from issues one and two (please click on each image to open larger versions):